Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a Virus??

Options
  • 26-02-2013 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi all, first post, Lately for some reason on my laptop I have been getting a mini pop up on the bottom left of my scree and it is a little bit annoying and slightly worrying, does any body know if this is harmful or just something annoying?

Please see the attached picture of a screen grab.

Kindest regards,
    John

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

download malwarebytes after you run combofix and run a full scan after an update
    When all thats done run a windows update and install all the fixes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭johnsds

Merl1n wrote: »
    download malwarebytes after you run combofix and run a full scan after an update
    When all thats done run a windows update and install all the fixes

Hi there. thank you for such a quick reply, I ran the adwcleaner and ran malwarebytes but im lost as to what combofix is??

Sorry im not very PC savvy.

Kindest Regards,

John.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

You don't need to run combofix for ilivid, its serious over-kill

If the thing is still popping up then do this

Download OTL to your Desktop
    • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files here

also post the mbam log if you have it

Advertisement