Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Club Insurance and Sporting Rights

Options
  • 26-02-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm sure many gun clubs throughout the country must be in the same situation as we find ourselves.
    In our area we have (of course) permission from the farmers to shoot. However, over quite a bit of our territory the sporting rights are owned not by the farmers but by a pre-1922 landlord.
    So....if there was to be an insurance claim, could it be argued that because in some parts of our territory we don't have direct permission from the rights holder, that we are shooting illegally, and that therefore the insurance is void?
    Has any body ever heard of an insurance claim being overturned for this or a similar reason?
    Be very interested to hear other gun club members experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I don't think it would ever happen particularly in relation to the NARGC fund, its been settling claims since Moses was a lad, some quite serious that include amputation/ loss of eye/ fatal and sure this would have been raised previously. I can't speak for the other insurances which seem to be insurances of last resort based on a Sporting Gun article last year that compared the different insurances in the UK.

I thought the Land commission in 1923 may have fixed that,,,not sure its been a while since I looked into it or did anything on land commission.

Advertisement