Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keeping the gains up, for the main season.

Options
  • 26-02-2013 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

after christmas came back in poor enough shape, could barely manage 10 pull ups and 10 dips. now i'm up to 18 pullups and about 20 dips and chin ups.

squat started at 90kg, bench 70kg, current at 112.5kg squat and 80kg bench. goals are to bench 100kg and squat 150kg in 20weeks, thats 1. kg per week progress on the bench and 2.kg progress/ week on the squat.

I'm happy with the progress i'm making but the hurling season has started (hurling sessions on fri and sun),and my gains are starting to slow down,

To keep improving i've decided to gym tues thurs. I'm doing a 5x5 program, [2 warm up sets and 3 heavier sets] tues bench, squat, weighted dips thurs; press, dl 3x5, lunges. occasionally i try some flys skull crushers ect.
    pull ups are done in the house normally on non workout days i might start trying weighted pull ups, as it might help me push through my bench plateau.

we'll see if i keep gaining or iff they plateau off. At this time of year the coach is working on building stamina and fitness, so it's tough but as the main season comes around there will be more skill work, and less physical work. which will give me an opportunity to make more gains.

Advertisement