Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to return & buy

Options
  • 26-02-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I've been going through some of the messages to see if I could find any examples that my be similar to my potential situation.

I've lived in the UK for over ten years and have been with the same company which has offices in a number of international locations (although none in Ireland). Lately, I've been mulling over moving back home (basing myself in Dublin) and would ideally like to buy as the cost of property in London has been going through the roof of late.

I would remain with the same company and essentially would be telecommuting with a trip to the office a couple of times a month.

As for the financials, I have over 50,000 Euro savings (credit union) and have a regular AIB account that hasn't been touched for some time.

I appreciate that mortgages have become difficult to come by, especially in the case of those returning. If I did base myself back home, the Euro equivalent of my salary would be going into the AIB account (roughly around 70,000 Euro).

I was wondering if any one had a similar experience where they returned but remained with the same company and tried to buy. Also, what impact would it have on chances of getting a mortgage in my circumstances.

Thanks in advance,

Ferg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Hi all,
    I've been going through some of the messages to see if I could find any examples that my be similar to my potential situation.

I've lived in the UK for over ten years and have been with the same company which has offices in a number of international locations (although none in Ireland). Lately, I've been mulling over moving back home (basing myself in Dublin) and would ideally like to buy as the cost of property in London has been going through the roof of late.

I would remain with the same company and essentially would be telecommuting with a trip to the office a couple of times a month.

As for the financials, I have over 50,000 Euro savings (credit union) and have a regular AIB account that hasn't been touched for some time.

I appreciate that mortgages have become difficult to come by, especially in the case of those returning. If I did base myself back home, the Euro equivalent of my salary would be going into the AIB account (roughly around 70,000 Euro).

I was wondering if any one had a similar experience where they returned but remained with the same company and tried to buy. Also, what impact would it have on chances of getting a mortgage in my circumstances.

Thanks in advance,

Ferg

Where do you plan on paying your income tax? Some banks have very strict guidelines on lending to applicants who's income is derived overseas but if you can convince the lender that it's possible to carry out your UK job from here, backed up with documentation from your employer you stand a good chance of a fair assessment of your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fergster_2013

killers1 wrote: »

Where do you plan on paying your income tax? Some banks have very strict guidelines on lending to applicants who's income is derived overseas but if you can convince the lender that it's possible to carry out your UK job from here, backed up with documentation from your employer you stand a good chance of a fair assessment of your application.

Hi,
    Thanks for your helpful response. We've had a couple of people relocate with work back to their native countries (Spain & Italy)and my manager mentioned that in those cases they gave the individuals a period of time to get settled and if all went well they made things more official. I currently pay just over £1500 in rent so getting a mortgage make more sense. I wouldn't mind returning especially given that I would get a better/larger place in Dublin compared to London.

Thanks again,

Ferg

Advertisement