Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CELTA UCC urgent help required

Options
  • 26-02-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I applied for an upcoming CELTA course in UCC and had my Language Awareness exam, followed directly by interview last Friday. While the interview went well the interviewer said he was not entirely convinced to give me a place based on my exam performance. I have been asked to return this Friday to sit another exam which he said will be completely different. However, he didn't give me any idea what the next exam would entail only saying that it would be more about explaining things to students. Has anyone had to sit this second exam, and if so what kinds of questions should I expect? I have no idea what I should be preparing and am completely wasting time jumping from one topic to another. Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't help you as I am only after just applying to do the CELTA myself and have never sat the exam. Can I just ask you how long you had to wait before you were asked to do the interview and exam? I asked the secretary when I handed in my form how long it would be before I heard back and she said a month??

What kind of things were you asked on the exam and in the interview?

Advertisement