Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel Line to Boiler Gravity Not Working

Options
  • 26-02-2013 4:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

After the oil in my tank ran out I went to removed the airlock from the boiler. Seemed to be fine.

But the problem is the oil feed from the oil tank is not being pushed by the gravity of oil in the tank.

I can blow and suck the kerosene of either end of the fuel line. But it seems very tight. Could this be an air block in the actual feed line which is long and about 30-40 feet?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

If you open the oil pipe at or near the burner do you get free flowing oil? How much -if any- of a head of oil do you have, i.e. how high is the surface of the oil storage above the burner? Did you check the filter at the oil tank? Did you raise the back of your tank to get the last of the oil out of it and maybe introduce dirt into the fuel line or kink the line? Is your fire valve open? Is your tank valve open?

Just some things to check and perhaps narrow the problem down.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement