Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current account fee

Options
  • 26-02-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭

I have just received a statement that i will be charge €44.80 the bank fees,never been charged before ,the bill is from 19th November to 22nd march.
    In November read about new charges and you had to have  more then €3000 in your account for full quarter, no charges, so deposited over €3000 to avoid charges, but still got the bill.
    Apparently i deposited the amount on th 23th November 3 days after start date, but was still bill for the whole quarter, this seems abit harsh to me, as i was unaware when the fees started.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi SCOOP 64.

Thanks for your query.

Unfortunately if your account has not maintained a credit balance of €3000 for the full fee quarter, then you will not qualify for our No Transaction Fees Offer.
    For information on our No Transaction Fees Offer, please see here.

If you wish to discuss this further, please contact your account holding branch and a representative will be happy to help you.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

10 yrs i have account with you, deposited  €3000 into account to avoid fees, late by 3 days (of which i was not aware of)  charged for 3 months even with over €3000 in it.
    in all honesty, is it  fair to treat a customer like this because its your policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi SCOOP 64.

We understand your frustration.

As previously mentioned, please contact your account holding branch to discuss this matter further.

Thanks
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Just a update,Bank of Ireland have refunded my bank charges. thanks.

Advertisement