Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS X Lion Server Compatibility

Options
  • 25-02-2013 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have the latest Mountain Lion (10.8.2) running on my new Mac.

I previously purchased OS X Lion Server from the Mac App Store and installed it on my Mac which runs OS X Lion (10.7.x).

Question: is Lion Server compatible with Mountain Lion? I would like to have server capabilities on my new Mac.

Thanks,
    SS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

I've 10.5 - 10.8 clients connecting to a snow leopard server, so no compatibility issues there, I've also got 10.6-10.8 clients connecting to a 10.4 server, no compatibility issue at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

nialler wrote: »
    I've 10.5 - 10.8 clients connecting to a snow leopard server, so no compatibility issues there, I've also got 10.6-10.8 clients connecting to a 10.4 server, no compatibility issue at all.

Thanks. But my question is not to do with client to server compatibility. What I am asking is can I run the older Lion server app on a mountain lion machine.

SS

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

No but it's only something like €15 to buy, they've taken a €1,000 product and distilled it to that price

Advertisement