Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Butson

Big win for Sky.

If BT / Premier only have Serie A rights, from a football perspective it hard to justify a subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

I thought Premier still had La Liga?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They do. And the Scottish Cup, SPFL Cup, DFB Cup, and MLS.

Meanwhile BT Sport have the Premier League, Champions League, Europa League, National League, Ligue 1, Portuguese Liga, and A-League.

Lots of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Hopefully there'll be a Serie A announcement soon. I'd prefer to see it on BT or Premier. Hopefully Sky are nowhere near it. They'll make a hames of the Bundesliga - just wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

Surely it wouldn't be difficult for Sky to make Bundesliga 3pm Saturday kick offs available to their Irish subscribers. Especially if they're going to be using the international feed and not their own commentators.

• Advertisement

They could do it, but I suspect they probably reckon it’s not worth the effort. (Can they make money out of it? Bundesliga ain’t a subscription driver, even Bayern v Dortmund). Technically the blockout only applies in England, incidentally (Scotland and NI don’t seem to have notified hours this season and Wales, where KO times are a bit different, never bothered). In fact England are now the only association in the whole of UEFA availing of the regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

BT have confirmed they have done a deal for Serie A until 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Thank fup for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

I ll admit, I am slow. went to BT website and getting confused. can I ask

a) How much is the monthly subscription, is there any deal for the Footbal season 21-22?

all I see is "Monthly Pass gets you 30 days of unlimited BT Sport for just £25. And for a limited time, Monthly Pass customers also get a 12-month subscription to The Athletic at no extra cost. (Offer ends 24 Aug)"

b) will they show both La Liga and Serie A games?

if yes I will cancel my Premier Player subscription

Presuming you are in the U.K.

BT will be showing Serie A games but don’t have the rights to LaLiga. Premier Sports do, so if you cancel Premier you lose LaLiga

In ROI Premier Sports and BT are bundled together so (at least on Sky) the distinction doesn’t matter, though note that LaLiga TV is only part of the pack on Sky and not on other platforms (Now and Vodafone).

• Advertisement

Apologies. I live in Ireland

I called checked with SKY and yes there is a package (BT half price for 6 months at €17 x months instead of 34).

But the best price I can see (considering 12 months, of which 6 in offer and 6 not) bundle sports and broadband comes at €89 x month, which is a bit too high

But If i want to watch Serie A and La Liga, i don't seem to have much of an option (and I am hoping to be 110% wrong on this)

If you want LaLiga, Sky is your only option. Unfortunately Sky will insist that you take the (increasingly bad value for money) basic package before adding sports.

The Sports Extra pack is on Now and Vodafone too but without LaLiga TV.

Sadly what I thought . . I might wait for a week of so, hoping there will be some last minute better offer.. doubt it

Morning again, struggling to find a decent deal. mostly because we don't watch "regular" tv at all but only Netflix and Youtube and football (La Liga & Serie A)

What if I only go with Broadband? do I have to have a TV Sky box to watch BT?

(sorry, never had BT).

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Just be aware, while you don’t have to have a Sky box to watch BT and Premier Sports - they are also available on Now and Vodafone TV - if you’re interested in LaLiga, LaLigaTV is only available in Ireland on the Sky platform. (in the U.K. there are alternative arrangements via the Premier Player and Amazon Channels neither of which are available here).

ok, saw that now. so €36.5 x month for the first 3 months

Bundle Offer

Join in with 50% off for the first 3 months

• Stream unmissable action across your devices with a NOW Sports Membership & Sports Extra Membership.

• Sky Sports, BT Sport and Premier Sports

• Watch on your TV, mobile or desktop

• €36.50pm for the first 3 months. Cancel anytime.

Sky Sports offer charged at €19.50 per month for the first 3 months. Sports Extra offer charged at €17 per month for the first 3 months. After offer, Sky Sports Month Membership auto-renews at €39 per month, Sports Extra Month Membership auto-renews at €34 per month, unless cancelled. You can cancel at any time.

Apologies again for being so confused. but with the Below , i will be able to watch Serie A and La Liga without a Sky box, just need a good broadband, right?

Now TV - SPORTS EXTRA MEMBERSHIP

• 50% off Sports Extra Membership
    • €34 €17 per month for the first 3 months

• Watch BT Sport and Premier Sports with a Sports Extra Membership on NOW & catch all the biggest and best sporting moments

• Stream 6 channels across BT Sport & Premier Sports

• Stream on your TV, mobile or desktop

• Only €17 a month for first 3 months. Cancel anytime.

After offer, Sports Extra Membership auto-renews at €34 a month, unless cancelled.

Cancel anytime.

Serie A yes, LaLiga no.

The Sports Extra pack on Now and Vodafone consists of six channels: BT Sport 1,2,3, ESPN, Premier Sports 1 & 2.

On Sky there is an extra channel, LaLiga TV which is not carried on Sports Extra on Now and Vodafone. All LaLiga games (with the odd exception) are carried on this channel and not the other Premier Sports channels.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Might be also worth me mentioning a 10 month NOW offer for BT Sports for €120 (Sky Sports €150 for 10 months), posted on Bargain Alerts by @iHungry

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/sports-offers

Of course, as already mentioned, it excludes LaLiga TV, but the offer might suit others looking for BT & Premier Sport.

• Advertisement

10 month upfront payment offer

Get BT Sport 1, 2, 3, BT Sport ESPN and Premier Sports 1 and 2

€120 for 10 months

I think that s really good (for me anyway, as I want to watch Serie A) . but would la liga games only show on the LA LIGA channel? I do remember some games also on Premier sport 1/2 and Free Air

Has anybody had problems with Now TV? good service and picture quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

I have had it for the last couple of weeks... I've not seen any issues but the overall picture quality is low. There is no HD option in Ireland as far as I can see. So my only option maybe a full sky box package as HD and UHD are something i do want

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭decor58

Been using it on and off for the last 18 months, find it a very good service, no Irish channels, restricted to Sky channels only, but it does have RTE and VM players, overall a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Happy enough with the service

It's 720p HD picture quality.

The Sports Extra (BT & Premier) pack is slightly better streaming picture quality than the Sky Sports pack when watching live, both are still HD quality.

Sky Sports comes with on Demand also, which is very good.

I'm watching on a Fire Stick mostly.

Got the 6 month offer of Sky Sports for half price for 6 months

Got the Sports Extra pack for 30 Euro for 3 months

What I really like about Now is that you can watch on two screens at the same time and you can share your account with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I understand that Premier Sports this year will have all the URC/Pro14 games live to us viewers in ROI, combine that with BT for the European Rugby and it's not a bad deal at all...

Virtually all Northern Hemisphere club rugby will be available on it - EPCR, URC, PRL, and Top 14. If you’re a club rugby fan it’s literally the only package you need, at least till Super Rugby gets going (who knows where that will end up).

No Autumn Internationals this year though, as they’ll be (except Ireland’s) going to Amazon, if they go ahead that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Any word on the studio presenters for the URC coverage on Premier Sport? I'm wondering will any of the team, commentary and studio, be continuing on Premier from their Eir days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Hopefully not, if I have to hear Liam "Leinster are Super" Toland or Luke "paid per word" Fitzgerald for another 80 minutes I'll go mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

They're definitely a few that I hope don't appear on any of the broadcasters - Liam is definitely one.

Advertisement