Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slim PSU

Options
  • 25-02-2013 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

Where is the best place to pick up a PSU for a Slim 360? Is ebay the way to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Avoid buying one online, there are a lot of fake ones on the online market that'll die within weeks of buying it, and it's very hard to find one in a store. Best bet is to phone Xbox support (012420758) where they can process a fulfillment for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Gweedling wrote: »
    Avoid buying one online, there are a lot of fake ones on the online market that'll die within weeks of buying it, and it's very hard to find one in a store. Best bet is to phone Xbox support (012420758) where they can process a fulfillment for you.

Yeah I got similar advice elsewhere, so ordered one direct from MS last night. Any idea how long the turnaround for something like this is? Cheers :)

Did you phone in or order, do it from Xbox.com or microsoftstore.com? The delivery time will be the length of a piece of string, usually it'll be processed from the Xbox service centre within a week, then depending on DHL/UPS/An Post you'd be looking at about 2 weeks ballpark before receiving the new PSU.

Did you phone in or order, do it from Xbox.com or microsoftstore.com? The delivery time will be the length of a piece of string, usually it'll be processed from the Xbox service centre within a week, then depending on DHL/UPS/An Post you'd be looking at about 2 weeks ballpark before receiving the new PSU.

I done it from https://myservice.xbox.com
    According to the site it shipped today, so if its ballpark two weeks I take it it's coming from the States?

Also, I'll hardly be hit with a customs charge if so would I? It was €25 + tax so €30

EnterNow wrote: »
    I done it from https://myservice.xbox.com
    According to the site it shipped today, so if its ballpark two weeks I take it it's coming from the States?

Also, I'll hardly be hit with a customs charge if so would I? It was €25 + tax so €30

The service centre is in Prague, in the Czech republic, if it shipped today you should have it within 8-10 days, keep an eye on that website, you might be given a tracking number to keep an eye on it.

• Advertisement

It arrived there this morning, happy times. Thanks all for the help :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

The service centre is in Prague, in the Czech republic, if it shipped today you should have it within 8-10 days, keep an eye on that website, you might be given a tracking number to keep an eye on it.

I sent my xbox for repair to a german service centre

RUSTEDCORE wrote: »
    I sent my xbox for repair to a german service centre

The UPS sorting office is in Frankfurt, if UPS are the couriers for your repair order, the console will most likely go via Frankfurt, that's why most people get confused with the addresses on the labels.

Advertisement