Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Blu-ray Trilogies 25 EURO

Options
  • 25-02-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Some people might be interested that both Trilogies are 24.99 in Tower Records in Dublin at the moment. Had tonnes of them.
    I saw them in the one above Easons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Do you know if they are the original cinema version or the new remade editions? I have the blu ray box set with all 6 but want the original films not the messed up new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Do you know if they are the original cinema version or the new remade editions? I have the blu ray box set with all 6 but want the original films not the messed up new ones.

From the review of the Blu-ray (other reviews are for different versions):
    Multiple versions of the original trilogy lead to this string of reviews, the Blu Ray set released in 2011 does not contain the unaltered versions.

If you want the original non-Special Edition movies, you have to buy the 2-disc DVDs from 2008, but be warned that these are non-anamorphic and will look crap on your widescreen TV as a result. The original, unaltered movies are yet to be released on Blu-Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sappy404 wrote: »
    From the review of the Blu-ray (other reviews are for different versions):

If you want the original non-Special Edition movies, you have to buy the 2-disc DVDs from 2008, but be warned that these are non-anamorphic and will look crap on your widescreen TV as a result. The original, unaltered movies are yet to be released on Blu-Ray.

One for Joe Duffy methinks...."it's a disgrace Joe, I can't see Jar Jar Binks in HD".

And now I'll wait for a Star Wars Nerd to tell me that's a good thing.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

One for Joe Duffy methinks...."it's a disgrace Joe, I can't see Jar Jar Binks in HD".

And now I'll wait for a Star Wars Nerd to tell me that's a good thing.:rolleyes:

We're talking about the non-Special Editions of the original trilogy. The second trilogy, Episodes I-III, is intact except for a few alterations. Unfortunately Jar-Jar Binks is still there though, and is in HD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You can always make your own...

George seems doesn't seem anyone to remember the originals as they were. Which is a pity they lose some of their charm in the remaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

With JJ at the helm (pun intended) we may yet see a release of the original versions. I imagine there's a proper 4k scan of the original negatives in cold storage, just waiting for a purist to release them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

With JJ at the helm (pun intended) we may yet see a release of the original versions. I imagine there's a proper 4k scan of the original negatives in cold storage, just waiting for a purist to release them.

With added lens-flare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The negatives were cut up to make the SEs. It's still possible to restore them but I can't see Disney being too bothered given that Fox have the distribution rights. In any case, nobody is going is to do anything with those films without Lucas's approval.

Advertisement