Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gas Boiler

Options
  • 25-02-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Have a classic ff360 gas boiler which is on its last legs, looking at getting a new gas boiler and heating controls, living in a 3 bed semi, any one offer advice and a rough price to replace and install? Do I need the heating controls?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

martin_g wrote: »
    Have a classic ff360 gas boiler which is on its last legs, looking at getting a new gas boiler and heating controls, living in a 3 bed semi, any one offer advice and a rough price to replace and install? Do I need the heating controls?
    First bit of advice would be to make sure your system is propey flushed beforehand. I'd definately reccomend heating controls. It would be a waste not to fit them. Can't say exactly what it would cost but roughly speaking it will cost 1800 to 2300 for the whole job . What part of the country are you based in? There's lads from all over on here that could help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I take it that the op cant zone the living spaces and bedrooms without redoing the pipework?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Dtp79 wrote: »
    First bit of advice would be to make sure your system is propey flushed beforehand. I'd definately reccomend heating controls. It would be a waste not to fit them. Can't say exactly what it would cost but roughly speaking it will cost 1800 to 2300 for the whole job . What part of the country are you based in? There's lads from all over on here that could help you out

How the hell could you fit a HE gas boiler, powerflush a system with chemicals & create a 3 zone system, including wiring, etc, for as little as €1,800 to a maximum of €2,300??? Most likely having to lift floors for wiring to stats, cylinder stat wiring, most likely upgrade earth back to fuse board, if grant is being availed of, an additional immersion timeclock added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

shane0007 wrote: »

How the hell could you fit a HE gas boiler, powerflush a system with chemicals & create a 3 zone system, including wiring, etc, for as little as €1,800 to a maximum of €2,300??? Most likely having to lift floors for wiring to stats, cylinder stat wiring, most likely upgrade earth back to fuse board, if grant is being availed of, an additional immersion timeclock added.
    I was merely giving the OP a starting price on a job where everything was straight forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Dtp79 wrote: »
    I was merely giving the OP a starting price on a job where everything was straight forward.
    You'd really have a starting price for a new boiler, a full & proper Powerflush & a 3 zone heating control upgrade to meet building regulation standards with full & proper boiler interlock for €1,800?
    Even for your upper limit for these works, there would not be a hope in hell for me to do that for your top end of €2,300!
    Jaysus, I think I will have to get rid of me Porsche & start dropping my prices....

• Advertisement
Advertisement