Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Illness benefit to Invalidity pension

Options
  • 25-02-2013 12:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27

I have been recently notified that I have been granted invalidity pension which is excellent news.

I am currently getting illness benefit and I was due to obtain another certificate on Thursday this week. Do I still need to attend the doctor and obtain a cert?

Do they automatically close the IB claim or do I have to do anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

dont do anything but keep sending in the certs till your IP is in the bank/PO. Congrats, its hard to get IP now.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    dont do anything but keep sending in the certs till your IP is in the bank/PO. Congrats, its hard to get IP now.
    mrs byrne is correct. Once the IP comes into payment there is no need to submit further medical certs. Your cover letter will have stated this.

Advertisement