Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mater hospital

Options
  • 25-02-2013 4:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

hi,
    Wondering if anyone has had any experience with appointments in the mater. Doctor sent off a referral letter on my behalf, over a month ago. I've heard nothing and there's no answer when I ring.
    Just wondering how much longer I'll be waiting just to get an appointment?
    Its for an ultrasound (no pregnancy related)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Ls87 wrote: »
    hi,
    Wondering if anyone has had any experience with appointments in the mater. Doctor sent off a referral letter on my behalf, over a month ago. I've heard nothing and there's no answer when I ring.
    Just wondering how much longer I'll be waiting just to get an appointment?
    Its for an ultrasound (no pregnancy related)

The waiting list varies from time to time. I've more experience of Beaumont tbh but 6-8 weeks is about standard for an USS.
    Absolutelu no harm at all ringing up, esp to check if they recieved the referral, they do seem to go missing more often then I'd like.
    That said Mater radiology seems a reasonably well organised department.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

No harm in ringing, even if only to ensure they received it! My own experience of referral letters is that they can often takes a week or two to leave the gp!! I would have though 4-6 weeks would be the typical wait time for an ultrasound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ls87

Thanks
    I posted the letter myself so I know it's definitely sent out. I'll try ringing them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

If you are flexible you could tell them that you'd be available for cancellations/short notice appointments. Has worked for me previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ls87

Never thought of that thanks
    I'll mention it if someone ever answers the phone there

• Advertisement
Advertisement