Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed my medical card review form.....

Options
  • 24-02-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm in a spot of bother. I recently realized my medical card was out of date. I since learned that I should have received a review form with a pin number in advance of it going out of date, but I didn't get it due to a change of address. How do I now go about renewing it? I need to see a doctor about a stomach complaint and I haven't got the funds to pay for appointments, meds etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

check your card status, it may be still active, and you can also renew on
    line here. https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/medapp/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Nalydyenlo

danjo-xx wrote: »
    check your card status, it may be still active, and you can also renew on
    line here. https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/medapp/

Yeah, it's definitely out of date - I checked the status online. You need the PIN they give you on the review form to renew the card online, but as I said I never got it due to a change of address. I rang them however, at this number: 1890 252919, and they told me that if I missed the review form and my card was already out of date, I'd have to make a fresh application. If however, your card has not yet expired but you missed the review form, you can ask them to send you another review form.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭fran38

Very sorry for reviving a dead thread but I have a question. Is the review form different from an application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

A review form will have most of your details prefilled in.

With an application form you will have to provide more info and documents and wait longer for it to be processed as it is a new claim

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭fran38

So there is a difference. My mc is up for review, I was sent 2 one page documents but none are review forms. My circumstances have changed so need a review form. I rang the hse who said I need to fill in an app form. Your wan said there is no such thing as a seperate review form. Confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

fran38 wrote: »
    So there is a difference. My mc is up for review, I was sent 2 one page documents but none are review forms. My circumstances have changed so need a review form. I rang the hse who said I need to fill in an app form. Your wan said there is no such thing as a seperate review form. Confused.

if your circumstances have changes you will have to start a new application, well that's what they informed me to do when i rang them

Advertisement