Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me find the water top up valve,

Options
  • 24-02-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi, I've attached two pictures of my hot press, there are 4 valves and I'm not sure which one do I need to open in order to being the water pressure back up to above 1 bar.
    Also, they all seem to be open already, is this what you call a semi sealed. And if I open one a bit more, do I need to close it back to its starting point?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

You should photograph the top half of the flexy hose in pic1, that is where it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

arikv wrote: »
    Hi, I've attached two pictures of my hot press, there are 4 valves and I'm not sure which one do I need to open in order to being the water pressure back up to above 1 bar.
    Also, they all seem to be open already, is this what you call a semi sealed. And if I open one a bit more, do I need to close it back to its starting point?

Thanks in advance.
    As billy said follow the steel flexi and the valve is on the other end of it but looking at the gauge the water pressure is just under 1 bar so why do you need to top it up

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

What's at the top of the flexi hose ? That's where mine is, close to the pressure meter....

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

Hi Billy/ nowuckenfurries,
    I've attached two picture taken above pic1.

Robbie, I thought that it needs to always stay above 1 bar, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

We need to see a photo from under to show the fitting hidden by the shelf.

And it needs to stay above half a bar for a sealed system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Hi Billy/ nowuckenfurries,
    I've attached two picture taken above pic1.

Robbie, I thought that it needs to always stay above 1 bar, isn't it?

At the end of the flexi there should be a valve its hidden by the shelf.At the pressure your heating is at it should work fine there is no need to top it up unless your boiler has shut down on low water.

Robbie.G wrote: »
    At the end of the flexi there should be a valve its hidden by the shelf.At the pressure your heating is at it should work fine there is no need to top it up unless your boiler has shut down on low water.

Yes, I`ve found one, can you please confirm? (picture attached).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Yes, I`ve found one, can you please confirm? (picture attached).

Thats it, quarter turn to fully open.

Do not over go it or you'll have more problems. :(

Thanks Billy and everyone for your help, I`ve topped it up to just above 1bar in case I`ll forget.

Advertisement