Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Kozelek - Like Rats

Options
  • 24-02-2013 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Just downloading this now - have been disappointed with the last couple of records to be honest, but still love Mark for RHP, and some great SKM stuff. Always worth a listen.

Anyone else checked it out yet?

(/checks download completion...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I only started listening to Sun Kil Moon a few months ago.

Hadn't hear of this till I saw your thread. When you say you were disappointed with the last few albums do you mean Sun Kil Moon stuff or his solo efforts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hmmmm.must check this out.was not too gone on the last skm album...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Yeah I meant SKM - Among the Leaves and Admiral Fell just didn't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Well, I guess Among the Leaves was my introduction to them so I quite like it.

Like Rats is another one of his covers albums which seem to be a mixed bag anyway. There's nothing on it (after a whole one and a half listens) that stands out like New Partner but it seems okay. I quite like Young Girls (did I just type that into the internet?), Silly Girl, Carpet Crawlers and 13 (which I'd heard before the album was released).

I was looking forward to see what he did with Right Back Where We Started From but wasn't impressed and though I Got You Babe is better it's still pretty weak.

If you're hungry for some new songs have a listen to this from a recent Paris gig. I'm completely in love with it.

Advertisement