Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a 'Stoves' gas oven repaired

Options
  • 24-02-2013 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

Hi there...

We've a 'Stoves' double gas oven, one of their 'built in' models that's under a separate hob.

We've had issues with it for a while, the automatic pilot in the grill (and occasionally the oven) keeps coming on, even though the gas is lit. From what i can see, the flame in the grill is 'unsteady' and moving around a lot (if that makes sense) which sometimes leaves the pilot exposed, so it starts clicking. If the grill is on for a while, it stops happening (like it has warmed up or something?).

Anyhow, i got in touch with the place we bought it from (5 years ago) but the guy who came out said he'd never seen that model before. He cleaned a few bits, and it was working when he left. That lasted about a day.

Since then we've put up with it, but today when i was using the grill it went completely dead, no gas, no power, nothing, but everything else in the house worked. Then, about 10 mins later the power kicked back in again.

I made the mistake of trying to pull the oven out to see if the plug was lose, and managed to shatter the bloody glass in the oven door! Not the inner glass (the one that slides out) but the one in the door itself. Since then i've wisely left it alone!

So, after all that, I've two questions! Does anyhow know someone who can repair 'Stoves' ovens (we're in Naas) and any ideas on where to get new glass for the door?

Thanks...

J.

Advertisement