Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculate Gross wage from net figure

Options
  • 24-02-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi - would be grateful for assistance on this problem.
    Does anyone know who to work out gross from a net figure.
    I guess I just need to reverse the formula:
    G-(Gx0.2)-(Gx0.04)-(Gx0.07)=Net

So I need to isolate the G in the above formula but I can't remember how to treat the G in brackets when rearranging.
    Can anyone help?

Alternatively I'm pretty sure I've seen an excel function where you can ask computer to work backwards through a formula from the given end value - however I don't remember what the instruction is called.

Can anyone help???

Note - for purposes of this query please ignore different rates of tax/PRSI /USC
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Multiply it out so you have G-.2G-.04G-.07 G = N you get .69G = N then divide N by .69 will give you the gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,555 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Try the Excel "goal seek" function or my net pay calculator also has a net-to-gross calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭patg

SBWife and namenot available - Thanks for replies. Much appreciated.
    Also - my brainiac moment realising if I'm assuming deductions of 20%, 7% and 4%... then why not just work back from assumed deduction of 31% - so just calculate what is 100% of 69% net figure.

Advertisement