Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplementary wellfare allowance

Options
  • 23-02-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,im waiting to proccess my SWA 6 weeks ago.They have all my papers since this time and i went back every week to ask why is the big delay.SWO told me every week that he is gonna call me but still nothing.Anybody knows whats happening?Will i get the payment back to the date when i applied for SWA?I applied for JSA at the same time in january,one week later i visited inspector and wellfare officer give them all the papers they need,but its 6 weeks ago and i heard that JSA takes long time but SWA is quickly.I dont understand them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Guti

Im in Roscrea,Co.Tipperary.

If you've provided all details required and fit the criteria for swa, a payment should be made to you very quickly.

Id say the cwo after 6 weeks is wondering what you're living on. Swa is paid to people with no other means.

If its possible to go everyday to the cwo, go. If its weekly or twice weekly, go as often as their open. If you go tuesday and get nowhere, put it in writing and go back the next day.

Good luck, but I think persistance will pay off. Any payment will be backdated, but your jsa will probably be approved soon enough (any time I've had to sign on 4-8 weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Guti

Dear Wicklowandy,

Thank you for your answer.I have nothing i explained for him,i cant pay rent and i cant pay anything at the moment.I have food because im sharing the house with a boy and he let me to eat from the fridge but he is not my boyfriend so he cant help with money.They asked me to provied his bankstatements and his payslips which was very uncomfortable for us because we never talked about like this before,but he give me just to help me.He is just a flatmate.The CWO will be in the city on tuesday again i will try again.I explained for hím that i have nothing i took fastloan in january to survive but now i have a lot arrears.I hope this week i get money from him because my owner is getting angry with me because of arrears.And i really hope that he gave me money from the date i applied because than i can pay back everything.Thanks again for your help.

I'm not saying it is but its possible the cwo believes that you are cohabiting.

Dealing with departments and getting into the system can be stressful and time consuming, and hard when bills are piling up.

Keep at them, get them what they want, and be as upfront as you can with any queries they have, and it will get sorted and backdated.

Good luck:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement