Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Election of a New POPE Ideas to bring things up to date

Options
  • 23-02-2013 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

What I think all the hopefuls should be stuck into a house full of cameras all let them complete tasks.

A few women of the night could be sent in to prove there are no kiddie fiddlers among the group.

Big Vatican House it could be called and let the people vote online who they want.

Votes could be cast by text message coasting €2.50 a pop with proceeds going towards dirty old priests homes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ranicand wrote: »

Votes could be cast by text message coasting €2.50 a pop with proceeds going towards dirty old priests homes.

Like the Fiddlers Rest near Dungroomin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

We could have them all make a speech to see who can make the most offensive one that upsets the most people.

They will have hard acts to follow.:D
    Buddhist leaders, offended by Pope John Paul II's criticism of their beliefs, boycotted a meeting with the Pope today, offering a setback for both papal diplomacy and dialogue between faiths.

The 74-year-old Pope arrived here Friday on the last stage of a grueling, 20,800-mile voyage through Asia and the Pacific, the 63d of his papacy. He was to meet Buddhist leaders today, along with six Hindu and six Muslim figures, for an interreligious dialogue before flying back to Rome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

All the cardinals in the one place and the doors closed,
    right all we need is some napalm.

Morag wrote: »
    All the cardinals in the one place and the doors closed,
    right all we need is some napalm.

And warn all boys to stay away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

reading your post it appears you have things accidentally the way round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Just disband the religious front for criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I'll bet this doesn't turn into a church bashing thread.

/ gets popcorn and waits.

IM0 wrote: »
    reading your post it appears you have things accidentally the way round

No, they are the way around.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I'll bet this doesn't turn into a church bashing thread.

/ gets popcorn and waits.

Sure we have to bash something.

Would that be buttered popcorn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

It's lucky the Pope isn't black, gay or Jewish. This thread would be locked.

• Advertisement

What I think all the hopefuls should be stuck into a house full of cameras all let them complete tasks.

A few women of the night could be sent in to prove there are no kiddie fiddlers among the group.

Big Vatican House it could be called and let the people vote online who they want.

Sure they only got a new one last year

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/egypts-orthodox-church-to-choose-new-pope/article4064340.ece

Oh you didn't mean the Egypt’s Orthodox Church, which 'church' did you mean?

Sure we have to bash something.

Would that be buttered popcorn?

We could bash Declan Kidney?

Go the whole hog and get battered popcorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Battle Royale

Duck them on a island and last one standing is The Pope

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

squod wrote: »
    I don't think the Catholic Church is openly prejudiced against black people, surely they'd be fine!

Actually, a black rapper would be very contemporary,

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Battle Royale

Duck them on a island and last one standing is The Pope

Battle Royale 3: the Papal Conclave

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

Up to date?
    Dissolve the church.

Sure I don't think the church would have any bias against any of the above minorities or any other groups.

The church is full of pedos so no group is banned unless they are women but that is just common sense.:D

Sure I don't think the church would have any bias against any of the above minorities or any other groups.

The church is full of pedos so no group is banned unless they are women but that is just common sense.:D

I'm referring to the negative bias Boards.ie has against Catholics in general. If this thread was about some other grouping of people the thread would be locked any many posters banned.

I'm referring to the negative bias Boards.ie has against Catholics in general. If this thread was about some other grouping of people the thread would be locked any many posters banned.

I don't think any other grouping claims dominion over the whole earth and the souls of everyone on it, and sets it's self up as The Moral Authority while it;s clergy then abuses people and children causing suffering for centuries.

I don't a bias against Catholics, even Roman Catholics but I do think that the Roman Catholic Church is corrupt beyond belief or excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Two words: Space Pope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Maybe its time for another Vatican Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

I'm pretty sure you've misunderstood at least one of those two expressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The thread is about the pope not about Catholics in general.

Any organisation that covers up and facilitates the rape of kids is a valid target for criticism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

What Pope? There is no Pope.

Maybe its time for another Vatican Council.

Really when so much of Vatican 2 was never put in place?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The thread is about the pope not about Catholics in general.

You know what I mean. I've no time for the Pope meself. I've no time for a lot of people to be frank. A lot of what gets said generally on these threads (historically) wouldn't even get posted on bluddy stormfront. That's the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Morag wrote: »
    I don't a bias against Catholics, even Roman Catholics but I do think that the Roman Catholic Church is corrupt beyond belief or excuse.

Sure why would ye think that?

Three priests and a former priest in Scotland have reported the most senior Catholic clergyman in Britain, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, to the Vatican over allegations of inappropriate behaviour stretching back 30 years.
    The four, from the diocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh, have complained to nuncio Antonio Mennini, the Vatican's ambassador to Britain, and demanded O'Brien's immediate resignation. A spokesman for the cardinal said that the claims were contested.

O'Brien, who is due to retire next month, has been an outspoken opponent of gay rights, condemning homosexuality as immoral, opposing gay adoption, and most recently arguing that same-sex marriages would be "harmful to the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of those involved". Last year he was named "bigot of the year" by the gay rights charity Stonewall.

One of the complainants, it is understood, alleges that the cardinal developed an inappropriate relationship with him, resulting in a need for long-term psychological counselling.
    (my bold)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/23/cardinal-keith-o-brien-accused-inappropriate

Advertisement