Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Service at Curry's PC World in Carlow

Options
  • 23-02-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I travelled some 26 miles this afternoon Sat. 23rd. Feb. to Carlow branch of Curry's /PC World with the intention of purchasing a desktop computer valued in excess of €1300. Met this salesman James who in my opinion was a gentleman and although he did not have it in stock told me that there was three available in Carrickmines branchand he would have it early next week. He was most helpful and I asked him about the monitor and we worked out a price. I then queried him re warranty and extended warranty and he was a little unsure about the final price but then I asked him could he see his Manager to see could I do better on the combined price and to finalise the deal. As he left I ithought I must make sure he gets the credit for the sale as he was so kind and helpful. I observed him head over to a lady and speak to her but then left her and came back to me saying the price was as stated and she might throw in Norton anitvirus. I asked why she did not come over and he failed to give me an answer. I was annoyed to say the least as I could see she was not engaged with any customer. The sale would have been finalised if she had came over and recoginsed the fact that I was spending up to €1.5 K in her store and assure me of service down the road. But no she preferred to stay back so I left the store in disgust. After a minute or two reflection outside decided to come back into the store and ask the manageress Fiona why she had not the courtesy to come over to me and have a chat about the sale, she said she was busy with a staff member and that it was not a store policy to haggle its a case of either take it or leave it attitude. Well I advised her that in Slough branch and in both Birminghan, Newry and Sprucefield branches that is not the attitude, the customer is always treated with respect. To tell you the truth, I would still have finalised a deal with her if her attitude had in anyway being accommading but left the store in Carlow with one wish only that it would close like many other stores in Carlow through a lack of business. Never again will I darken the doors of this store, I feel so sorry for salesman like James who was so helpful but has not the support of local management like Fiona to finalise a deal that is for more than a few euros. Will get it elsewhere.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This isn't boards.ie related. Try an appropriate forum such as the Currys and PC World forum:

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1333

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kittytwister

Thank you for your advice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement