Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

depolyment of reserve gardai

Options
  • 23-02-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Maybe the answer to my question is in another thread but I cant seem to find the information I'm looking for anywhere. I am thinking of applying to join the Garda reserve. My question isWill i be deployed to my local station ie. If I live in Drogheda will I be depolyed to Drogheda Garda Station? Will I be deployed to a station in the general area of where I live ie. if I live in Drogheda will I be deployed within the north east? Or as with the regular Gradai could I be deployed anywhere in the country ie could I be sent to Cork? I think the answer is the second option but I'd like someone to confrim please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

DG7 wrote: »
    Maybe the answer to my question is in another thread but I cant seem to find the information I'm looking for anywhere. I am thinking of applying to join the Garda reserve. My question isWill i be deployed to my local station ie. If I live in Drogheda will I be depolyed to Drogheda Garda Station? Will I be deployed to a station in the general area of where I live ie. if I live in Drogheda will I be deployed within the north east? Or as with the regular Gradai could I be deployed anywhere in the country ie could I be sent to Cork? I think the answer is the second option but I'd like someone to confrim please.

No. You won't be stationed at your local station. You'll more than likely be stationed in the next district.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭B2deF

You won't be sent to Cork though haha You get to make a list of the 3 stations you would like to go to and they will pick either one of the 3 or a station close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westcoastboy

dundalk, more than likely, or Ardee

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

According to the most recent report the Reserve members are now standing at 1247 members with another intake in June 2103 . We are now approaching 10%
    of the regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westcoastboy

Ya, but how many are really into it..
    Are there possibly 30%, who regularly attend..

• Advertisement

Cant really say but in my experience there is a large number of RM's who complete in excess of their 208 hours per year. In fact a number within the DMR some reserves complete at least 500 to 800 hours per year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Raider190 wrote: »

500 to 800 hours per year.

as much as some gards :D

WilcoOut wrote: »
    as much as some gards :D

Not sure thats true but it would not be unusual for some reserves who have the time to invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Go ahead and join if that's your calling, I am sure you will get some satisfactory outcome! It can't be strawberries and cream all the time go ahead your country needs you and this is not a trivial comment.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

dundalk, more than likely, or Ardee

The above, or possibly Babriggan/ Swords.

A Kildare St question showed a lot of GRs in Ardee and a good few in Dundalk so perhaps they may send ya towards the city.

Being stationed in your relative locality happens occasionally but really isn't ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

There were a couple of lads on my intake from Drogheda, both got Dundalk.

Where you are stationed depends on policing needs at the time. However, it will not be an unreasonable distance from your home. Usually its within a 20 mile radius.

Advertisement