Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to modding - 2 broken 360s

Options
  • 23-02-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Its been a while since I wielded the mighty soldering iron, but I have two broken jtags (both jaspers) and i think its time to come out of retirement!

Xbox one:
    Is my brothers Xbox. Was in use til before Christmas.
    Powers up with no warning lights (just solid green, flashing green when no dvd drive)
    No video (if press eject or power button)

I modded this one.
    I've checked the wiring (Boxdarr method) and it looks fine.

Im guessing its possible someone attempted to update it from a disc or something. I would have broken that bridge or whatever to block the xbox blowing the efuses.

I have CPU key, nand backups the whole shebang for this xbox

Xbox two:
    Cant actually find it at the moment (I've moved houses a couple of times since I got it!) Im sure its somewhere.

From what i remember there is no video output on this one either. I know this one was broken from someone applying an update.

I did not mod this one, the person who modded it had HDD failure so does not have any backups or CPU keys.

So what do i need to do get these guys working again?

I got a pre programmed cool runner off Touching Virus about a year ago for the second xbox if that helps things (still in its box :/)

Do i need to flash the entire nand, or just enough for xell?

I should also have the means to flash the nand (I have a nand writer somewhere)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Howdy all,

Its been a while since I wielded the mighty soldering iron, but I have two broken jtags (both jaspers) and i think its time to come out of retirement!

Xbox one:
    Is my brothers Xbox. Was in use til before Christmas.
    Powers up with no warning lights (just solid green, flashing green when no dvd drive)
    No video (if press eject or power button)

I modded this one.
    I've checked the wiring (Boxdarr method) and it looks fine.

Im guessing its possible someone attempted to update it from a disc or something. I would have broken that bridge or whatever to block the xbox blowing the efuses.

I have CPU key, nand backups the whole shebang for this xbox

Xbox two:
    Cant actually find it at the moment (I've moved houses a couple of times since I got it!) Im sure its somewhere.

From what i remember there is no video output on this one either. I know this one was broken from someone applying an update.

I did not mod this one, the person who modded it had HDD failure so does not have any backups or CPU keys.

So what do i need to do get these guys working again?

I got a pre programmed cool runner off Touching Virus about a year ago for the second xbox if that helps things (still in its box :/)

Do i need to flash the entire nand, or just enough for xell?

I should also have the means to flash the nand (I have a nand writer somewhere)

For Xbox 1 you need to update via jrunner or xebuild you say you have a nand backup and CPU key so this won't be a problem.

If the jtag wiring is not wired to the rol and it's not a xenon you need to build an aud_clamp nand - this is important as you can brick your Xbox if you flash the wrong type.

For Xbox 2 it's a long shot but see if you can boot to xell using the eject button and try both the hdmi and regular video output hopefully you'll be able to recover the CPU key. You can rebuild a nand using the CPU key and jrunner but if it's lost I think your screwed.

Advertisement