Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag science - Bullet points or paragraphs?

Options
  • 22-02-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

For subjects such as business and economics, most of what I write is bullet points. I find it far better and it's a much clearer way of getting what you want across, you either know it or you don't, there's no bullsh*tting your way through it, and it usually gets me high enough marks. My Ag science teacher told the class recently though that some people did this in the mocks, and he wouldn't recommend it. He says that the examiners correcting the papers are teachers, and may be set in their ways about what they want, and they may not like it if you use bullet points instead of writing paragraphs.

I still managed to get a B1 in the mocks(hoping for an A in the real thing) using bullet points and was wondering if this is true? The way I see it is if you know your stuff then it would make life a lot easier for the examiner to see exactly the points you're making, and doesn't have to read through whole paragraphs picking out relevant info.

I'm typing the leaving btw so it should make it easier still to make everything out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

Denis322 wrote: »
    For subjects such as business and economics, most of what I write is bullet points. I find it far better and it's a much clearer way of getting what you want across, you either know it or you don't, there's no bullsh*tting your way through it, and it usually gets me high enough marks. My Ag science teacher told the class recently though that some people did this in the mocks, and he wouldn't recommend it. He says that the examiners correcting the papers are teachers, and may be set in their ways about what they want, and they may not like it if you use bullet points instead of writing paragraphs.

I still managed to get a B1 in the mocks(hoping for an A in the real thing) using bullet points and was wondering if this is true? The way I see it is if you know your stuff then it would make life a lot easier for the examiner to see exactly the points you're making, and doesn't have to read through whole paragraphs picking out relevant info.

I'm typing the leaving btw so it should make it easier still to make everything out.

Bullet points only. Sure look at the marking scheme... How annoyed would a correcter be reading through reams of stuff to find just two words just for 4 marks!.... very is the answer!

Advertisement