Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran to Execute 4 Bankers on Fraud Charges

Options
  • 22-02-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Iran’s judiciary system recently worked through the biggest banking fraud case in the nation’s history.

According to The New York Times, the outcome of the case was made official on Monday. Results were dramatic to say the least.

Judiciary spokesman Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei told reporters that four people had been officially sentenced to death on charges of corruption and “disrupting the country’s economic system.”

The guilty party was responsible for mishandling $2.6 billion of funds – using forged documents in order to receive credit from banks, permitting them to purchase state-owned companies.

http://www.infowars.com/iran-to-execute-4-bankers-on-fraud-charges/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

Iran court upholds 4 death sentences over fraud

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's state prosecutor says the country's Supreme Court has upheld death sentences against four people linked to a $2.6 billion bank fraud described as the biggest financial swindle in Iran's history.

Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejehei says the four were convicted of being "corrupt on earth" for "disrupting" the country's economy. He says the court has ordered the verdict to be carried out but no date has been set.

Ejehei is quoted by the official IRNA news agency as saying that two banking officials have been sentenced to life in prison while 19 others, almost all of them senior government officials, were given prison terms ranging from 2 to 20 years.

Their trial last year raised questions about corruption at senior levels in Iran's tightly controlled economy.

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-court-upholds-4-death-sentences-over-fraud-202603925.html

Can you see why Iran are so hated (by our media/bankers) now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

do that (the money robbing) here and you get a bonus and a gold watch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

tiger55 wrote: »
    Can you see why Iran are so hated (by our media/bakers) now?

Because Iran is an Islamic nation and the media and bakers are Jewish controlled?

Sorry, I read that on info-wars somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Should cut off their hands first for thieving. Hang 'em high!

• Advertisement

do that (the money robbing) here and you get a bonus and a gold watch

Interesting how the media have not covered this story by howling about evil Iran hanging people:confused: They know fine well that most people will support this.

Just look at the comments on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6raGTFUrPTc

Interesting how the media have not covered this story by howling about evil Iran hanging people:confused: They know fine well that most people will support this.

How often does RTE report on Iranian affairs?

Seachmall wrote: »
    Because Iran is an Islamic nation and the media and bakers are Jewish controlled?

Sorry, I read that on info-wars somewhere.

Islamic banking does not allow for interst.

Iran is one of the few countries that does not have Rothchild banking (Libya and Syria were Rothchild free). I am sure they are all over Libya like a rash, and just waiting for Syria to fall so they can be looted to the hilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Can you see why Iran are so hated (by our media/bakers) now?
    Why do the Bakers hate IRAN so much ? Some medieval anti bread laws ? :D

How often does RTE report on Iranian affairs?

RT at least gives the other side of the coin.

AlJazeera is like watching the BBC (full of BS and propaganda)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Can you see why Iran are so hated (by our media/bankers) now?

Iran executes miscreant bakers because it has a failing economy and it kneads the dough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Why do the Bakers hate IRAN so much ? Some medievil anti bread laws ? :D

Why would an old video game have anti-bread laws ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

RT at least gives the other side of the coin.

AlJazeera is like watching the BBC (full of BS and propaganda)

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

eamonnq wrote: »
    Why would an old video game have anti-bread laws ?? :D
    I always think i mispelt that word, its a weird word, i blame that game for confusing my brain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I would like to get my hands on the minutes of that meeting so I could send it to the the powers that be in Ireland, so they can see how lucky they are to be representing the Irish people,

we are not such a bad people after all, we wont hurt yis, no matter how much yis decide to hurt us.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Apart from bread, coins, bullsh1t and propaganda, it's hard to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Doubtless he'll post a David Duke video that explains it to us in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

The thrust of this seems to be, Iran isn't so bad because they are executing bankers and the western media is conspiring not to mention this flattering news...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

For some reason, I find this quite comparable to a General shooting one of his deserting troops to keep the others in line.(Tbf, that does seem to be a rationale behind the death penalty.) I don't particularly think it's justice against the evil bankers.

• Advertisement

If only secular countries executed bankers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

So Jewish bakers caused obesity in Iran and got a gold watch for it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Capital punishment isn't a just punishment in this case. If capital punishment is ever just, which I believe it is not, it would only be in the case of murder. Fraud is bad, but you shouldn't be killed for it.

This thread is going to be linked to by many English lecturers to provide examples of fallacious similes.

gurramok wrote: »

That would be so great. Maybe then it wouldn't take 5 days for a cheque to clear! Who's with me!? Haha(!)

Capital punishment isn't a just punishment in this case. If capital punishment is ever just, which I believe it is not, it would only be in the case of murder. Fraud is bad, but you shouldn't be killed for it.
    Aside from anything else a system where it's possible for fraud on that scale to be carried out without it being obvious in the attempt is a flawed system.

This thread is going to be linked to by many English lecturers to provide examples of fallacious similes.

Smiley fundamental police of Iran? SFPI :P

Cover those I's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ah now. They might be happy in their work, ye know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Well that would be no good to us!

Advertisement