Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Airport Feature

Options
  • 22-02-2013 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I thought it might be good to have a thread dedicated to nice airport features which make a Passengers journey easier and less stressful, you never know the DAA might even take some on board

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

The best feature i have seen in a long while was at Moscow Domodedovo Airport. When you approach airport security there was no queues and no trays available at the X-ray machines, instead there was an open area with plenty of seats and all the trays where stacked away from the X-ray machines so you could empty your Keys/Phones/Belt/Laptops into the trays at your own pace and then when you where ready you picked up the tray and walked to the X-ray machine which although the airport was extremely busy there was no queue at.

For me this sure beat standing behind the guy who forgets everything and takes 20 minutes to remember every last thing in his pocket which keeps causing the machine to beep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Free Wi-Fi and at least a coffee shop open for those overnighters! It's amazing the number of airports that don't provide even that...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Moved to Travel forum as its more travel related than Aviation and Aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,038 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The capsule hotel airside in Schipol.

I used it once after getting off a flight from Peru and waiting for a flight to Cork 6 hours later.

Being airside meant that I was in bed minutes after arriving from Peru and very close to my gate for Cork when I got up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Slightly off topic

At the London Olympics, you had to go through airport type security to get into the venues, to help the queues, they had plastic bags available along the q so you could put all the stuff from your pockets into the bag before you got to the top of the Q. Really improved the time spent waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

eusap wrote: »
    The best feature i have seen in a long while was at Moscow Domodedovo Airport. When you approach airport security there was no queues and no trays available at the X-ray machines, instead there was an open area with plenty of seats and all the trays where stacked away from the X-ray machines so you could empty your Keys/Phones/Belt/Laptops into the trays at your own pace and then when you where ready you picked up the tray and walked to the X-ray machine which although the airport was extremely busy there was no queue at.

For me this sure beat standing behind the guy who forgets everything and takes 20 minutes to remember every last thing in his pocket which keeps causing the machine to beep

Yup, was through there last month...

Although I don't wanna sound sexist here.. I tend to avoid the X-ray q's with many young girls ahead of me. I usually have my jacket off which contains all coins, and phones / gadgets, metal etc well before the top of the q so I'm good to go minimal fuss.. the ladies seem to spend all the waiting time having a good chat and then it's all a bit of a mystery to them when they get to the top and have to take off belt, boots, jackket find where their keys are, fumbling with plastic bags full of cosmetics and thinking its mutually hilarious how disorganised they are while the rest of us with eyes glancing towards the skies.... Just wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Strumms wrote: »
    Yup, was through there last month...

Although I don't wanna sound sexist here.. I tend to avoid the X-ray q's with many young girls ahead of me. I usually have my jacket off which contains all coins, and phones / gadgets, metal etc well before the top of the q so I'm good to go minimal fuss.. the ladies seem to spend all the waiting time having a good chat and then it's all a bit of a mystery to them when they get to the top and have to take off belt, boots, jackket find where their keys are, fumbling with plastic bags full of cosmetics and thinking its mutually hilarious how disorganised they are while the rest of us with eyes glancing towards the skies.... Just wonder

So if you didn't want to sound sexist, how did you want to sound? 'Coz I don't think you pulled it off. :rolleyes:

Have you ever waited in the security line behind a bunch of well oiled lads who are going to/from a big match weekend away, who have had all their meals in the bar? Yeah, that is a real barrel of laughs too ! But I don't want to sound sexist either ! :D;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

Seoul incheon airport has a spa in it. So you can lock away your bags, have a jacuzzi, sauna, steam and a scrub while waiting for flights or connections.

Tokyo has massage chairs in the waiting areas. heaven after lugging around bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,038 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The lockable phone charging booths are handy, they have them in Singapore, and i'm sure else where

There are showers airside in Brisbane

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

I have started doing this where possible

• Advertisement
Advertisement