Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Router €27

Options
  • 22-02-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Small bargain maybe, €27 + free delivery. Komplett.

Yes we know all the probs with K. but worth a shot I reckon.

€41 Argos
    €35 Power City
    €36 DID
    €40 eBay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

danjo-xx wrote: »
    + delivery £2.95

1.95...just saw..

amazon is £19.99.....free delivery over 25..

MJ434 wrote: »
    1.95...just saw..

sorry my mistake there, meant 1.95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Would this work with Eircom? My reouter is so slow with them and changing it to this might help...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Could I use this with UPC instead of the Cisco router, if I put it (Cisco) in bridge mode? The wireless on the Cisco is abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

mcgovern wrote: »
    Could I use this with UPC instead of the Cisco router, if I put it (Cisco) in bridge mode? The wireless on the Cisco is abysmal.

Not sure how that would affect any telephones hanging off the UPC cisco box? Anyway I'd just disable wireless on the Cisco, plug the new router into the Cisco and disable dhcp on it. Connect wirelessly to the new router..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Strange to see the one on MyMemory has only 6 months warranty?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

i'm on the look out for a new router but know f all about them,

would this be a good router?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

was looking for one recently,would this one be better that op one?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0031SUB4S/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 21 grandstream

Bought this router from Amazon last week for €23.50 delivered. Using it downstairs as walls were too thick to get a decent signal. Have it attached to a TP-LINK homeplug adapter and am getting around 12mbps on a 25mbps link. Up and running within 5 mins. Can't fault it for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭alanbk

Would this work with Eircom? My reouter is so slow with them and changing it to this might help...?
    This is a cable router not ADSL so no good for an eircom internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Bought this router from Amazon last week for €23.50 delivered. Using it downstairs as walls were too thick to get a decent signal. Have it attached to a TP-LINK homeplug adapter and am getting around 12mbps on a 25mbps link. Up and running within 5 mins. Can't fault it for the price.
    It can be flashed with DD-WRT and Gargoyle too .
    Can also be configured as a wireless bridge.
    The range on it isnt great though ,my previous 5 year old Tp Link router had a much stronger signal ,as a matter of fact most newer routers seem to have an inferior signal range.

linky pls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I am not a techie so this may sound like a stupid question but would this be useful for boosting the signal for a mobile broadband connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vic_dublin

After lots of online research i bought TP LINK MODEL: TD-W8960N sofar happy with this ASDL router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

vic_dublin wrote: »
    After lots of online research i bought TP LINK MODEL: TD-W8960N sofar happy with this ASDL router.

you got a link for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

kn wrote: »
    I am not a techie so this may sound like a stupid question but would this be useful for boosting the signal for a mobile broadband connection?

No - not if you're using a USB type device ( something that plugs into the side of your laptop / computer )

• Advertisement

Quick update for anyone considering using the above setup. I am now getting around 21mbps on my p.o.s. netbook and close to full download speed on my Note 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

Having serious problems getting this router up and running. We have vodafone broadband at home. The setup keeps failing because 'wan cable is unplugged'. But its not! Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vic_dublin

gustafo wrote: »
    you got a link for that one
    http://www.misco.ie/ProductInfo/ProductInfo?productCode=164641

i paid 48.72 euro incl.postage 2.50 in november 2012 price is gone down a bit, they ship from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

redscan wrote: »
    Having serious problems getting this router up and running. We have vodafone broadband at home. The setup keeps failing because 'wan cable is unplugged'. But its not! Anyone any ideas?
    See below.
    alanbk wrote: »

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

mcgovern wrote: »

It will do fine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

alanbk wrote: »

If you use your current Router as the modem part it will. Set the eircom router up in bridge mode and use the new router for your DHCP / Wifi etc

redscan wrote: »

I have an unused Buffalo WRMR-G125 ADSL Router which is looking for a good home if you are interested.

I picked it up in Harvey Norman's on the cheap around a year ago but it wouldn't work on UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

I have an unused Buffalo WRMR-G125 ADSL Router which is looking for a good home if you are interested.

I picked it up in Harvey Norman's on the cheap around a year ago but it wouldn't work on UPC.

I got it working by using the old router as the modem and just connected it to that. Thanks all the same!

Advertisement