Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL Server 2000 - 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.. and database is detached

Options
  • 22-02-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

I have a SQL Server 2000 database which reached its 2gb limit.

It went into a SUSPECT status and was detached before some tables could be cleared down. (old system nobody every keeps an eye on until its too late and then as usual its the most important system in the place )

When i try to attach it again i am unable to do so as it cannot allocate the space for the tables i want to truncate ( think there may be some updates in the log)

is there any way that i can truncate tables while its detached ?

is there any way i can attached the database and tell it not to apply the logs ?

there is no back up......

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

If I were I you I would open a support case with MS SQL Server support. Might cost you a few hundred € but money well spent.

If the DB was still attached you could try purging the log file and/or increasing the size available for the primary.

The other really bad idea is you could attempt to detail the ldl file but I wouldn't try that!

Advertisement