Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to education and rent allowance application.

Options
  • 22-02-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm on a couples social welfare claim with my girlfriend and have been for over a year, our rent allowance was recently turned off since we moved address but we're planing on re-applying for it as soon as possible. I'm planning on being on a back to education scheme for September and am told I've to apply before August and then when back to education turns on our claims will be split and the rent allowance would have gone with it before. Now I don't know whether I should apply for rent allowance now and just apply for back to education closer to the date or not, or apply for back to education first then rent allowance. I saw down at the welfare office that there were signs up saying the closing date for back to education claims was coming up. Should I just apply for rent allowance and then back to education closer to the date? Any extra info on what to do would be great, I don't want to get rent allowance back on and have to re-apply again after our claims are split for the back to education, should rent allowance clock on on it's own when our claims are split? It didn't stay on when we moved, then again I think that's for tax reasons, since we have a new landlord now I assume we couldn't claim rent allowance on the old apartment and that's why it stopped. Just feeling a bit sceptical of the whole thing and the welfare system in general, it's not the first time our pay was unexpectedly stopped. Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement