Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed signing day because I am a fool!

Options
  • 22-02-2013 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hey,
    As the title suggests I am a fool and missed my signing on day last week.

Anyway I sorted all that out but I have a question for anyone that can help.
    My signing day was 12/02 and I had no text reminder and just clear forgot about it. I went to collect my JSA yesterday from the post office but it wasn't there,the SW office was closed so went this morning and all cleared up. The girl said my payment would be though next Wednesday and then regularly after that.

Did she mean the payment I missed plus next weeks payment so in effect 2 payments or will I just get the one payment and so on from there?

I know I should have asked however we have already stipulated that I am a fool.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

You will get the payment you missed plus the normal week. It takes 3 working days for payment to reach the Post Office hence the Wednesday payment. It should be back to normal Tuesdays the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭SteeveeDee

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    You will get the payment you missed plus the normal week. It takes 3 working days for payment to reach the Post Office hence the Wednesday payment. It should be back to normal Tuesdays the following week.

Cheers Sue Ellen! That is good news,I was afraid it may not have been so..I appreciate the info.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Do you have a smart phone?
    Everytime you sign on, make a note in Google Calender of your next signing day, then set it as a reminder for 8.00am that day. Dont go outside of the welfare office until you do this.
    Although, in fairness you probably won't do it again !!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The slips from the post office tell you your signing day

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Unfortunately if you are receiving another payment, such as rent allowance, there won't be a signing date on the Post office receipt. It will show N/A as there are conflicting signing dates for each claim.
    Frequently I see people taking photos of the sign with the next date on it or as suggested set up a 4 weekly reminder in your phone. The signing should be on the same day and time every 4 weeks but the date will differ. (except Feb/March when not a leap year)

• Advertisement
Advertisement