Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least important aspect is Religion

Options
  • 22-02-2013 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭

Well looks like things are going to plan. According to this study, Irish people regard religion as the least important thing in their lifes.

Congrats to everyone for all their hard work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

More details of the survey here: http://www.communityfoundation.ie/vitalsigns

We're a very middle-of-the-road bunch really. The best grade any aspect of life got was a B+ and the worst score was a C-. So "Not bad, pretty good" is the sentiment in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Damn.

*flagellates self*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

seamus wrote: »
    More details of the survey here: http://www.communityfoundation.ie/vitalsigns

We're a very middle-of-the-road bunch really. The best grade any aspect of life got was a B+ and the worst score was a C-. So "Not bad, pretty good" is the sentiment in general.

Religion sure it's grand. Atheism sure that's grand too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Religion sure it's grand. Atheism sure that's grand too

It's them feckn agnostics that you need to watch...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

IT wrote:
    Perhaps the most surprising finding was the ranking of religion and spirituality, which respondents placed last of all 119 priority options, despite the country’s once strong Catholic identity.
    "Where do you rank religion and spirituality?"

"Below everything else."

"So you're not religious."

"What? I'm a catholic I'll have you know. I have a holy medal in a drawer somewhere and a ratty St Brigids cross my granny left me."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"People saying religion isn't important to them is an attack on people's religion! Here's three examples of people whose religion is important to them, which means this report is false!"

^^^Who'll be first to post this? Waters or the Quinnster? Place your bets now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ooh, can I go for O'Brien as an outside bet?

As an aside, I find Breda O'Brien quite sinister. She doesn't have the "poisonous c'unt" look of Quinn nor does she look like a dishevelled hobo a la Waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

It's them feckn agnostics that you need to watch...

Just like them damn dirty Neutrals, you don't know where they stand!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Just like them damn dirty Neutrals, you don't know where they stand!

Agnostics - the Bisexuals of Religion.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So does being agnostic double your chances of getting a date for Saturday night?

(with apologies to Woody Allen)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
Advertisement