Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Radio and Television Broadcast Production

Options
  • 22-02-2013 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of doing the MA Broadcast Production course next year, but as the fees are so high I'd love to get some opinions of people who have either done the course or heard anything about it.

Can anyone give me some info on this course (good/bad?)?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

I was also thinking of doing this course. So far I have heard two opinions of the course one is that is is fantastic the other is that is isn't. Now the one who has said it is good is currently working for a big news corporation in New York and the one who said it was bad isn't necessarily the most positive person I have met in my life. I met the co-ordinator a few weeks ago and he showed me around. The equipment seemed perfect, but I don't really know if I am being honest. If anyone is doing or has done the course can they elaborate on the equipment a bit more, and also the method of teaching and whether or not they actually can teach.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sgm

Hmm, interesting. Could you tell me a bit about what the coordinator said about the course? I tried to meet with him last week but he didnt reply to me, so I just went for a wander around the college and the facilities do seem quite good, but for 6750 euro you really want to be sure that you're gonna learn how to use it well! How did you get in touch with the two people who have done it already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Sgm wrote: »
    Hmm, interesting. Could you tell me a bit about what the coordinator said about the course? I tried to meet with him last week but he didnt reply to me, so I just went for a wander around the college and the facilities do seem quite good, but for 6750 euro you really want to be sure that you're gonna learn how to use it well! How did you get in touch with the two people who have done it already?

I've done this course if you want to pm me i'll be happy to try answer any questions you have on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I'm also interested in doing this course. Has anyone done it before? What sort of work experience is provided? How are you examined?

I'm also interested in doing this course. Has anyone done it before? What sort of work experience is provided? How are you examined?

I've done it. You have to find your own work experience for both radio and television. You are examined on your work in class, two essays and then you will have a radio show, a television show, and documentary for both radio and telelvision to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

petals wrote: »
    I've done it. You have to find your own work experience for both radio and television. You are examined on your work in class, two essays and then you will have a radio show, a television show, and documentary for both radio and telelvision to do.

Thanks! That covers everything. I think there is an open evening on tonight, for anyone else interested.

Thanks! That covers everything. I think there is an open evening on tonight, for anyone else interested.

No worries.

Advertisement