Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish music singer/songwriter guitar player looking for band for gigs

Options
  • 21-02-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello,
    Firstly I live in Dublin City.
    I am a singer/songwriter who sings and writes original Irish songs and also sings traditional ballads. I have sung all my life and play the guitar well enough to accompany myself although I am not a person who can play complicated jigs etc.
    I am looking for people who play traditional Irish instruments like the Bodhran, fiddle, whistle, mandolin uileann pipes etc.
    I know allot of traditional ballads and want to continue to learn many more- my style would be similar to Pecker Dunne and influence from the Dubliners, Fureys Margaret Barry and so on.
    I also write songs that would be in the style of traditional ballads and would like to record them some day but for now I am just looking to get some gigs and perhaps a little busking to get used to playing together.
    I am looking for players that are interested in playing mostly ballads and some songs as Gaeilge also- I have some Irish and am learning at the moment but Irish is not in any ways a requirement- just decent players who love Irish songs and have an interest in some of the less heard Irish ballads.

Hope to hear from you soon

Advertisement