Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a visa be given retrospectively?

Options
  • 21-02-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

MY visa ended on january 20 2013, today (21.02.2013) I got a letter saying your visa will be extended for another 3 months from the department of justice.So can I go to the GNIB and ask them to give those three months visa from january 20 rather than from feb 21?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

The visa date usually starts on the date the letter was issued. That was the case with our first residence visa. However subsequent renewals were from the day we actually presented at GNIB...which meant it was not from the date of expiry of the old one.

GNIB are a bit of a law unto themselves about things like this...it'll depend on the immigration official on the day.

Sorry can't give a more definite answer. But one piece of advice I can give is make sure you renew this one in plenty of time, unlike the last one...otherwise your employer will really get hacked off!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

I got a work permit and then finally the Green card.

Advertisement