Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young, Irish muslims

Options
  • 21-02-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello!

I'm a Visual Communications student in my final year. I am hoping to do my final project on what it means to be a young, Irish Muslim. I am interested in how this generation of Muslims 'negotiate their Irishness', or perhaps this is not an issue and there are more pressing issues for the young Muslim community in Ireland.

My personal experience growing up in Ireland as the daughter of an Irish Catholic father and a South-African Hindu mother was a very positive one but I did feel the need to consciously consider my identity as an Irish person while my friends were considering their identity in other terms. I wonder if Muslims between the ages of 17-26 living in this country have felt the same at any point.

I am hoping to meet individuals to hear about their experiences in this area. I am probably going to focus on the Dublin area but would be willing to expand my search geographically if other people from around Ireland want to get involved!! If you would like any more information please feel free to message me!

Thanks!

Anusia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KerryIslamKIOS

Anusia wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm a Visual Communications student in my final year. I am hoping to do my final project on what it means to be a young, Irish Muslim. I am interested in how this generation of Muslims 'negotiate their Irishness', or perhaps this is not an issue and there are more pressing issues for the young Muslim community in Ireland.

My personal experience growing up in Ireland as the daughter of an Irish Catholic father and a South-African Hindu mother was a very positive one but I did feel the need to consciously consider my identity as an Irish person while my friends were considering their identity in other terms. I wonder if Muslims between the ages of 17-26 living in this country have felt the same at any point.

I am hoping to meet individuals to hear about their experiences in this area. I am probably going to focus on the Dublin area but would be willing to expand my search geographically if other people from around Ireland want to get involved!! If you would like any more information please feel free to message me!

Thanks!

Anusia

There is an islamic event all this weekend at Eden College. You can go there and meet many young muslims esp youth here sister.

Moreover every weekend at O Connell street there is table of information about Islam besides GPO. Ask them otherwise.

There is facebook page of muslimsisters of Eire. Talk to them otherwise. There are plenty of options exist for your project.

Hello!

Thanks!

Anusia

There is an islamic event all this weekend at Eden College. You can go there and meet many young muslims esp youth here sister.

Moreover every weekend at O Connell street there is table of information about Islam besides GPO. Ask them otherwise.

There is facebook page of muslimsisters of Eire. Talk to them otherwise. There are plenty of options exist for your project.

another one!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Muslim-Magazine/197917973589637

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Anusia

Thanks for your help KerryIslamKIOS!! I really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help KerryIslamKIOS!! I really appreciate it.

Your welcome sis, anytime !

Advertisement