Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cohabiting rates/payment?

Options
  • 21-02-2013 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

im on a vtos allowance going to collage im just wondering if i move into the girlfriends rented house does it affect her and my payments

for arguments sake if shes on €188 and im on €188 if we move in do we both keep €188

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Is herself claiming JSA or JSB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

shes on lone parents for a child of 5 (not mine) i know she will lose that considering ill most likely be considered the child's father anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You'll get 188 and you'll claim for her as an adult dependent (think it's 139€ but that's just off the top of my head) and you can claim for the child €29 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Just for info €129.80 is the adult dependant rate. I presume €139 was a typo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

eastbono wrote: »
    Just for info €129.80 is the adult dependant rate. I presume €139 was a typo

No, not a typo, I just genuinely didn't know how much the adult dependent rate was so took a stab at it... a tenner out wasn't too bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement