Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE news @1 and South African news......

Options
  • 21-02-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

anyone else think its just cheep that the news at one is leading with 2/3 min of news from a shooting in South Africa.
    Around 50 people are murdered in South Africa each day.(wiki)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

Presuem you mean "cheap". Its a bit tabloidesque allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'm getting a little tired of the coverage it's getting, but I guess what justifies it in the minds of those that dictate what is and isn't newsworthy is that the accused is relatively famous. Remember the fuss about OJ Simpson?
    pcomer wrote: »
    Presuem you mean "cheap".

Presume you mean "presume" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Yakuza wrote: »
    I'm getting a little tired of the coverage it's getting, but I guess what justifies it in the minds of those that dictate what is and isn't newsworthy is that the accused is relatively famous. Remember the fuss about OJ Simpson?

Presume you mean "presume" :)

Presume you mean "presume you mean "presume"?"?.

:p

ROFL. Indeed I did. :):)
    Rule 102 of the internet - any post correcting grammar or spellings will have errors in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Yakuza wrote: »

I doubt many people had even heard of him or know who he was until this story broke, I certainly didnt and to be honest I dont really care.

• Advertisement

I remember him from last year's Olympics. Before then I had never heard of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

shockwave wrote: »
    I doubt many people had even heard of him or know who he was until this story broke, I certainly didnt and to be honest I dont really care.

:eek:

You been living in outer space or something?

Very surprised.

Advertisement