Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

We Are Liiiiiiiiiive! (On Android)

  • #1
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,414 admin DeVore


    Ladies and gents. The moment we have all been waiting for... with your help and feedback we have polished this game to be as good as we can make it and we are .... *takes a deep breath*.... live.

    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gonegaming.thejump


    We're waiting for Apple now before pushing the marketing but if I could ask you all to download it and maybe give us an aul review / rating and a +1 on G+ if you have an account... that would be cool.

    Karl and I and the devs in Raven would like to say a big thank you to you all too, for the feedback, the suggestions and the enthusiasm. :)


Comments



  • I've had a great time playing and testing the game. The very best of luck with it, and I hope there's more in the pipeline. :)




  • Congratulations on getting this completed. It looks amazing and plays great. I hope this is just the start of your game making careers!

    Next time around I'll try to test more, unfortunately my phone was causing a lot of problems and couldn't test as much as i would have liked.




  • Think I am the first to download it - :) (lost ALL my coins from before :( )
    Will post screenshot up here later but
    0+ downloads - currently at 9%

    Great job everyone - amazing to see this get released.

    p.s. - took ages to find it - even searching for The Jump - had to keep scrolling until I hit it.

    edit 2 - guys maybe it is my new version - but swiping right / left is not working???




  • Taltos wrote: »
    p.s. - took ages to find it - even searching for The Jump - had to keep scrolling until I hit it.

    Yeah it's a mystical beast - works like Google search, weighted with reviews, web footprint, tweets and G+1s - so will just take a while for the keywords and traffic to bump us up search results.

    Once we kick off our marketing blitz next month we should see some movement... I hope...




  • Taltos wrote: »
    p.s. - took ages to find it - even searching for The Jump - had to keep scrolling until I hit it.

    I just searched again with this "the jump"

    The quotes help, same as a google search...


  • Advertisement


  • We're directing people to the link or telling people to search for "Jump escape the city"...

    Btw, swiping left and right was abandoned to improve speed and accuracy of controls (taps).




  • Ah cheers for that D. Must have missed that update as up until yesterday on the last release I was still swiping successfully. You probably need to update the user guide so as it is still in there.

    Does make it harder - but that is not a bad thing :)




  • Tried to download twice and got a Package Invalid error




  • Taltos wrote: »
    You probably need to update the user guide so as it is still in there.

    Which guide do you mean? Help in-game is updated - new control for multi-lane change is tap/hold btw ;)




  • hardCopy wrote: »
    Tried to download twice and got a Package Invalid error

    Sounds very strange - which device are you using? :confused:


  • Advertisement


  • karlh wrote: »

    Sounds very strange - which device are you using? :confused:

    HTC One X, standard O2 Rom




  • karlh wrote: »
    Which guide do you mean? Help in-game is updated - new control for multi-lane change is tap/hold btw ;)

    I am an idiot - scanned your help guide and mis-read swipe up as swipe.

    Apologies.




  • hardCopy wrote: »
    HTC One X, standard O2 Rom

    Cheers - do you get same prob downloading anything else? It seems to be a common enough prob...

    If you don't mind trying a few things - one of these should sort it:

    1. Try downloading on 3G rather than Wifi and see if same

    2. Go to Application Manager, clear cache and data for Google Play Store

    3. Stop the Google Services Framework process and then clear cache and data

    4. Go to http://play.google.com/store , click on "My Orders & Settings" at the bottom, give a nick name to your phone and make sure the "Show in menus" is checked, click on "update" to confirm the changes

    5. Reboot




  • Taltos wrote: »
    I am an idiot - scanned your help guide and mis-read swipe up as swipe.

    Apologies.

    No problemo!




  • karlh wrote: »
    Cheers - do you get same prob downloading anything else? It seems to be a common enough prob...

    If you don't mind trying a few things - one of these should sort it:

    1. Try downloading on 3G rather than Wifi and see if same

    2. Go to Application Manager, clear cache and data for Google Play Store

    3. Stop the Google Services Framework process and then clear cache and data

    4. Go to http://play.google.com/store , click on "My Orders & Settings" at the bottom, give a nick name to your phone and make sure the "Show in menus" is checked, click on "update" to confirm the changes

    5. Reboot

    You might also have to remove the original game from your device - just a random thought.




  • karlh wrote: »
    Cheers - do you get same prob downloading anything else? It seems to be a common enough prob...

    If you don't mind trying a few things - one of these should sort it:

    1. Try downloading on 3G rather than Wifi and see if same

    2. Go to Application Manager, clear cache and data for Google Play Store

    3. Stop the Google Services Framework process and then clear cache and data

    4. Go to http://play.google.com/store , click on "My Orders & Settings" at the bottom, give a nick name to your phone and make sure the "Show in menus" is checked, click on "update" to confirm the changes

    5. Reboot

    It's happening for other apps as well now. Will have a proper play around later as I have no wifi and am low on 3G data allowance.




  • I just tried to install it again via that link in your first post so I could rate it, but it's telling me "This item cannot be installed in your device's country" when I try to choose a device. I'm in Canada.




  • satchmo wrote: »
    I just tried to install it again via that link in your first post so I could rate it, but it's telling me "This item cannot be installed in your device's country" when I try to choose a device. I'm in Canada.

    Were only live in Ireland and Sweden at the moment to test the whole "go live" procedure. When Apple ok the app we'll be pushing both apple and android live worldwide. Ill give you a ping then!




  • Just downloaded and did the jump on my HP Touchpad running CyanMod 9.0
    Happy days - really nice seeing it on a larger screen - bit easier with my stupid fat fingers than on a S3.


Advertisement