Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus voucher

Options
  • 21-02-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

I have a voucher with my name on it that I would like to use to book a flight for my son. I've just been told by aer lingus customer care that I can only book a flight in the name of the person who's name is on the voucher. This seems crazy to me, I am being offered no explanation except that its in the T&C's. They then told me I can work around it by booking it in my name and then changing it at a cost of €100. Ha!

Anyone any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

weiland79 wrote: »
    I have a voucher with my name on it that I would like to use to book a flight for my son. I've just been told by aer lingus customer care that I can only book a flight in the name of the person who's name is on the voucher. This seems crazy to me, I am being offered no explanation except that its in the T&C's. They then told me I can work around it by booking it in my name and then changing it at a cost of €100. Ha!

Anyone any advice

If it's clearly stated in the T+C that the name of the booking has to be the same as the name on the voucher, then I don't see what else you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Yeah it just seems to be a bit of a cop out. How difficult would it be to change a name( about €100 difficult it seems )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

weiland79 wrote: »
    Yeah it just seems to be a bit of a cop out. How difficult would it be to change a name( about €100 difficult it seems )

The name change fee exists to prevent resale of flights.

Advertisement