Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calcualting JSA from part time work

Options
  • 21-02-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello,

I just started a part time job. Its 3 days a week, 8 hours a day, 8.65 an hour!!

This gives a weekly amount of 207.60, using a tax calculator it said that after prsi It amounts to 203.16. Is this correct?

working on those figures I worked out that my daily earnings are 28.63 (203.16/3 = 67.72 - 20 x 0.6)

If I multiply this by 3 this gives 85.89!! Is this the figure I will get in JSA payment or is 85.89 taken from my 188 JSA claim to give me a payment of 102.11 from the JSA.

Please if anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated.

Additional info: I started the job this week and will be on a back week, also my JSA payment will be delayed as they change me over to casual labour and backdated a couple of weeks, and I have just finished a 9 month jobbridge internship last week so things are going to be tight with no income coming in for a few weeks to say the least!!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

€203 - €60 =€143 get 60% of 143 = €85 means, €188 - €85 = payment of €103 per week aprox.

Advertisement