Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Supplement Arrears

Options
  • 21-02-2013 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hope anybody can shed some light on this,
    We gave a house back to a council 3 years ago ( due to our lives being threatened .. extremely long story ) and have battled and battled to get on another local authority housing list since then, last week we finally succeded in our 3 year battle and are now on a housing list. My question is does anybody know if we can now contact our local CWO and make a claim for arrears in rent supplement from the time we made our final successfull application - APPLICATION WAS MADE IN LATE SPETEMBER 2012 ( we have been on social welfare with 3 small children for quite a while now as I am quite Ill ) and have been paying full rental rates out of our pockets and our childrens mouths ever since, we have now moved in the past 3 weeks and when we moved we were expecting to be turned down again and we are unsure if our new landlord will accept Rent Supplement, Question I am really asking is there anything that the CWO can give us back from our previous tenancy as when i asked CWO for help was refused an application form and was told leave it with me before you apply and i SPEAK TO MY BOSS about it before you apply.. you may be wasting your time applying..(we were not approved on a housing list then but I had explained in great detail the circumstances to the CWO )

I really hope somebody can shed some light on this as I am expecting the CWO to play games with us as far as getting arrears is concerned.

Comments

Advertisement