Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Laptop

Options
  • 20-02-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,

I am looking into buying a new laptop but with so many different brands etc on the market I am a bit lost in it all. I know what I want from a laptop but due to the large volume of laptops out there I tend to get swayed towards HP and Dell which might not be the best bang for my buck!

My requirements would be the folllowing:

-Laptop between €350 and €700

-Good processing speed

-Capable of using microsoft word, excel etc

-Ability to install and use other programs, such as Mathematica, Matlab, C++ Compliers and other work related programs

-Large storage for music and movies

-Possibility to install a game and play it for a short period of time

-Webcame, microphone

-Smaller the better but this is my least worry

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Get a Core i5 (less than €500 these days) or a Core i7 (start at €600). Plenty processing power for your requirements, but...
    SK101 wrote: »
    Possibility to install a game and play it for a short period of time

Depending on type of games you have in mind, this could easily mean the top end of your budget or even more. Intel HD 4000 can play even some demanding games at low settings, any dedicated graphics card that would really make a difference (GT 630M or better) will inevitably make laptop much more expensive.

Advertisement