Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No casual work cheque....

Options
  • 20-02-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

So I was due to recieve 1st cheque for casual work this week having been claiming Jobseekers Benefit since January.
    No cheque came but I did get slips in the post for the next few weeks today.
    Anyone any ideas as to why this is? I don't know if I'll be able to get up to social welfare tomorrow as I'm on relief work and could be called to go in.
    Do u loose days (ie 1st 3) when switching from JB to casual work?? It wasn't mentioned to me when changing my claim.
    Or is there ever a chance that its in the post office? Again I was told that it would be posted to me but just trying to figure out what it could be....
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You fill in the slips this week, have them in by noon on Thursday (i think that's it) and you will get a cheque in the post next Tuesday for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

January wrote: »
    You fill in the slips this week, have them in by noon on Thursday (i think that's it) and you will get a cheque in the post next Tuesday for this week.

Yes but what about last weeks payment which was due today or yesterday? I had my slip in last wednesday....

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

If your docket for last week had more than 3 O's on it they might have to wait for this weeks docket to determine if that week was payable. Arrears cannot issue independently they have to go with a normal payment. Once you have a payable current week all arrears should issue then with that payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Has to be on a Wednesday

Advertisement