Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPhil vs MRes

Options
  • 20-02-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I was hoping to get some board members opinions. I graduated with a 2.1 in pharmaceutical science degree in 2011. I have been working in clinical research since Oct '11. During my degree I always enjoyed the biotechnology modules and I found the most interesting part of my degree to be my dissertation which focused entirely on biotechnology. I recently discovered that Queens University Belfast is offering a MPhil in pharmaceutical Biotechnology and I am interested in it. I know that an MPhil is almost exclusively project based and this is very appealing. My question is would I be better off pursuing an MRes as I know that an MRes generally contains some taught components and this would give me a better grounding for when I begin my project/s within the MRes degree. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement