Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does JSB last?

Options
  • 20-02-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

I've been on Job Seekers Benefit for a year now, I work 1 day a week so get yellow dockets sent to me which I sign in and drop into the SW office. The last lot I got went up to last week and it's been about a year that I've been on it so I presumed they were my last dockets, but today in the post I got 4 more dockets that go up to the middle of March, I'm going in there tomorrow anyways as I presume that's a mistake and to let them know, but does anyone know if JSB lasts longer than a year if you're working part time, that's the only other reason I could think of that they'd send me more dockets?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

JB lasts for 312 days which is the equivalent of 12 moths if you are signing fully unemployed. Each full week takes 6 days off your 312. So if you are signing off 1 day per week you would have 52 days longer than the 12 months, which is 8.6 weeks (52/6).

Just because the dockets have issued for that period it doesn't mean you will get payment for that period. Dockets are issued centrally based on an open claim set up for dockets to issue. It will issue the dockets for 4 weeks even if the claim is due to expire in less than 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Thanks for that Sue Ellen!

Advertisement