Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A warning shot?

Options
  • 20-02-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Firstly, I'd like to acknowledge that this news, and link provided, pertains to the UK and not Ireland. Having said that, I would be astounded and gobsmacked if TPTB here were in any way better prepared.

http://www.thegwpf.org/household-energy-bills-will-be-unaffordable-by-2015/

The reason this has a strong presence on my radar is because it's one of the scenarios I prep for. Citizens feeling the need to ration fuel/power or Govts imposing energy rationing on the population, for me, is a situation when the undesirables within our society might start coming out to play at night and when normal, law abiding people are pushed over the edge when their circumstances become extreme.
    On the upside (I say that lightly) we have been given notice, be it from sources like the link provided, or drip fed through the news channels.

This is the first time I have ever seen a date (2015) claimed from so many sources and sites and whilst I treat most of the 'aliens invading/earth destroying-meteor crashing/we're really just sims about to be deleted' subjects with a fistful of salt, this one seems to be a very real possibility.
    Please, please, astound and gobsmack me with details about how Ireland is prepared and that this news is nothing but scaremongering.

Anyway, to keep the thread content appropriate and steer it away from Conspiracy Theory land here's how I'm prepped (light/heating/fuel etc)for such an impact: 1 tonne of coal always stored, along with multiple bales of briquettes and bags of logs, I intend on making this an absolute minimum.
    Several wind up lanterns and torches + a wind up/solar radio with torch.
    Lots of candles + tea lights.
    A biolite stove which has a USB charger port for phones etc
    An identified, bountiful source of logs near to me (sorry trees, but if needs must...)
    Last but not least, a group of people around me who are like minded and also prepared.

Woops! Sorry mods, should have copped that this belonged here!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement