Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher banjaxed?!

Options
  • 20-02-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

We have a Zanussi dishwasher, about 5 years old, which started leaking quite a while ago (at least 6 months) and we only got around to sealing the leak over the weekend (with plumbers putty). We ran several empty washes over the weekend because it stank (we also used a dishwasher cleaner) and have run washes no problem since.

All grand until this morning, I put a wash on and it buzzed like it was working but them flashed "End" and alternated between "Wash" and "End" (while still buzzing). I opened it up, there was no water flowing through it at the time but dishes were damp so there obviously was some water entering it at some point over the 10/15 minutes it was on before it started acting weird. Have tried changing settings but still the same.

Any suggestions?!?

(thanks in advance :))

Comments

Do a quick search for "zanussi dishwasher (model) error codes" chances are a manual will be found that has the meaning of the flashing lights.
    If you post the model number here, someone may know that the code means.

btw, where was the leak, you may have got some of the putty in the works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

just try pulling the dw out from the wall and tilt it as much as you can towards you , then sit it upright again it may just restart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Looked up the error - flood system has been activated, couldn't fix it by tilting (and getting myself/OH/floor covered in water!) so have gone back to the tried and trusted method of hand washing.

Putty was in an inlet pipe at the top of the back of the machine - only a crack so I don't think we got putty into the pipe.

Thanks for suggestions so far!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Flood system means the leak has been detected by the machine, if it's what I think it is, there's a chamber underneath that catches spill from leak, and once it goes above a certain level, a float in the chamber cuts the machine off, and in theory prevents more spill or damage. The float chamber will need to be empty to be able to restart, and the leak will need to be fixed, then you should be back in business again.

Tilting it may not have been enough of a tilt to empty the float area for the flood sensor, even though you did get water all over the place.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement