Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X360USB Pro v2 with Hitachi 78 drive

Options
  • 20-02-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi,

With the help of Touching Virus via PM, I have discovered the spec of my 360 which I want to flash. It's an older 360...

Dashboard version > 2.0.13599.0

AV port > 12v 1a

I'm told it's a Xenon -

I'm also told the only real viable option is to use a X360USB Pro v2. I've had a look at a description of using this device and it seems to be over my head in terms of my ability!

Does anyone know of anyone offering a service to do this for me?

Or option #2 - I would buy it and perhaps I could get someone to show me once to do it and I could do it myself going forward!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'll let this thread run as long as its about helping/guiding the OP to do the work himself. If it becomes too much for you OP, please use the Modding Services sticky at the top of the forum to locate & pm a modder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'll let this thread run as long as its about helping/guiding the OP to do the work himself. If it becomes too much for you OP, please use the Modding Services sticky at the top of the forum to locate & pm a modder.

I appreciate that EnterNow.

If it looks like I need help off-boards, I'll ask for the thread to be closed...

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I think you need to burn an unlock disc for the 78-79 hitachi drives

justryan wrote: »
    I think you need to burn an unlock disc for the 78-79 hitachi drives

Hi Ryan - thanks for the reply - I'm unfamiliar with that - what does that mean and entail?

Check out the Jungleflasher tutorial that is bundled with Jungleflasher.

It will walk you through the entire process.

• Advertisement

cisk wrote: »
    Check out the Jungleflasher tutorial that is bundled with Jungleflasher.

It will walk you through the entire process.

OK - I've sourced Jungleflasher - I see I do need to buy a bit of hardware to do this. I might just see if there's someone in the sticky above to do this for me so it;s done just right...

Am I right in saying that flashing this DVD drive is not a 'one-time' thing - that I need to update it from time to time?

Important point: I am NOT connected to Xbox Live- I only use the Xbox for single player offline play...

sticker wrote: »
    OK - I've sourced Jungleflasher - I see I do need to buy a bit of hardware to do this. I might just see if there's someone in the sticky above to do this for me so it;s done just right...

Am I right in saying that flashing this DVD drive is not a 'one-time' thing - that I need to update it from time to time?

Important point: I am NOT connected to Xbox Live- I only use the Xbox for single player offline play...

AFAIK custom firmware across all drives have been on LT 3.0 for quite some time now, I think Microsoft are focusing on the next-gen now and have conceded defeat - there was a time when you'd would need to reflash the drive as the dash board updates would restore official firmware I don't think this is the case anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

i dont think you even need a usbpro to do hitachi 78-79 drives you can flash those with just a sata cable! they are the easiest drives to do im told, but do some searching on google as far as i know im nearly positive you only need a sata cable!
    hope this helps.

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop on and say that Just Ryan helped me fix this situation - Many thanks Ryan for a great job in record time!

sticker wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wanted to pop on and say that Just Ryan helped me fix this situation - Many thanks Ryan for a great job in record time!

Thanks Conor was a pleasure to help you

• Advertisement
Advertisement