Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo India - organised tour or independently?

Options
  • 20-02-2013 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey all :)

I'm thinking of travelling to India for a month during the summer (month of July). I was thinking of maybe volunteering for two weeks and then travelling for two after. With regards to the travelling bit, I found some interesting organised tours on a few websites. I'm going to be travelling on my own, so was just wondering what ye think... would one of these organised tours be better or could i manage to travel around by myself? This is the one I was looking at - only thing is it doesn't take in the Taj!

http://www.geckosadventures.com/trips/GIRS

Hoping to volunteer either in the Jaipur region or else in Nepal for two weeks with a company called Eil Ireland at the start of July and then travel for two when I finish. Would i get to do the Taj, Goa, Mumbai, Chennai, Kampala and the other major parts all in two weeks independently?! Or is that very ambitious...??? Or has anyone any other ideas of routes I could do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

Hey OP - I did this tour last year, travelling solo:

http://www.gadventures.com/trips/delhi-to-kathmandu-adventure/AHDK/2013/

It was excellent - nicely paced, great itinerary and great group of mixed ages - 18 to 65! I had limited time and wanted to maximise that time taking in as much as possible. Beauty of this for you is that the trip ends in Kathmandu - some of the group did some volunteering after the trip, in Chitwan. Just beware that India is submerged in monsoon in July - it will be very hot and very wet! If you need any more detail PM ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Hi

Just wondering how you got on? I'm travelling to india with tour group GAdventures, next month for 2 weeks solo and hoping to do either volunteer work or a meditation stay in an ashram after. Did you volunteer? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! I was hoping to travel down south to Goa also but not sure how realistic that is with monsoon season in full swing at that stage!

Advertisement